“Examine yourselves, to see whether you are holding to your faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? –unless indeed you fail to meet the test!” (2 Corinthians 13:5)
You say you believe in God, and in Jesus, and even in the Holy Spirit, and you say you are “sure” you know where you are going when you die (heaven, not hell). But is the Lord really your Savior? Will He really accept you in the end, when all is said and done?
Please, take this simple diagnostic test, to see if you are really in the faith! Answer TRUE or FALSE. Please see links at the bottom for a link to the answers.
The purpose here is for evaluation, and to assess really “where you are at”, so it is not a good idea to try and “cheat” (just be honest with yourself, and with God). Let’s see how well you do.
1. I know that it is right for me to read the word of God (Bible) each day. I may miss a day or two on occasion (sometimes even more) but I always get convicted again in my heart and know that God wants me to return to His word. ___TRUE ___FALSE
2. When I am with people, I feel it is my duty and responsibility to let them know about Jesus. I don’t want them to go to hell! I want them to be saved and go to heaven. Therefore, I try to share with them about the love of Jesus whenever I can –whenever there is an opening for me to do so. ___TRUE ___FALSE
3. I practice saying the rosary each day. I may miss a day or two (or even more on occasion), but I always get convicted and come back to it. I know that saying the rosary will gain me favor with God and that if I don’t say it my prayers will not be as strong. ___TRUE ___FALSE
4. When I pray, I do so in church. It’s there that I can meet with God the best. It’s there that I feel closest to him. ___TRUE ___FALSE
5. I have been baptized or am planning to get baptized in the near future. I know that getting baptized is a requirement for me to go to heaven and to find favor in God’s eyes. ___TRUE ___FALSE
6. It is better for me to go to a minister so I can confess my sins to him (or her, as the case may be), rather than go directly to God. I know that God has given the minister of my church the power to pardon me, so that when I follow the minister’s instructions to do “penance” after I make confession, that God will then forgive me. ___TRUE ___FALSE
7. When I am on my deathbed, I would want the minister of my church to administer “last rites” or “extreme unction” on my behalf, which will assure my place in heaven. On the other hand, if I die and it was not possible for the minister to perform “last rites” or “extreme unction” on my behalf, or, if I did not follow the other required sacraments of the church when I was alive, then I would want others to pray for me, and light candles on my behalf, and say the rosary for me, and pay the minister to perform ceremonies for me, so that my soul could be released from purgatory (or from limbo, as the case may be). ___TRUE ___FALSE
8. Going to church does not save me. It is my relationship with Christ that saves me. In fact, I am sure that I will go to heaven, not based on any good works that I have done, but based only on my relationship with Christ as my Lord and Savior. ___TRUE ___FALSE
9. I am not afraid of “losing” my salvation (or right to go to heaven, or my relationship with God). I did not do anything to earn or deserve my salvation — therefore, I know that there is nothing I can do to lose it, either! I am eternally safe in God’s hands. I will go to heaven when I die, and it is absolutely certain — I have absolutely no doubt about it, and I do not fear death in any way whatsoever! ___TRUE ___FALSE
10. I know that God disciplines His children. And it is for the purpose of drawing His children to a closer, more intimate walk with Him that He does this. I have been disciplined by God. This is evidence that I am really His child and will go to heaven when I die. ___TRUE ___FALSE
11. I have been a Christian since I was born, because I was born into a Christian family. Therefore, I know that God will accept me and that I will go to heaven when I die. ___TRUE ___FALSE
12. I am faithful to celebrate both Christmas and Easter — symbolizing the birth, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am not always faithful to attend church, or to celebrate communion (or the Lord’s Supper), but I know that because I celebrate Christmas and Easter, that the Lord will accept me, and that I will go to heaven when I die. ___TRUE ___FALSE
13. I give to the church. Surely God will accept me. ___TRUE ___FALSE
14. I have been confirmed and/or received membership into the church, and am therefore accepted before God as His child. I am surely going to heaven when I die and know that I have forgiveness with God. ___TRUE ___FALSE
(Please see link below for answers.)